Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

So, I got cabbage at my CSA pick up last week and that always leads to ham in our house. Alas, I was out of honey, so I set out in search of a different glaze and came up with this very basic, but tasty option. Not surprisingly, I served the ham with sauteed cabbage.


Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
1 3-4 lb. ham roast
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tblsp brown mustard
1/8 cup water
Place ham on roasting rack. Bake at 350 for full cooking time less 30 minutes (so, assume 30 min per lb). While the roast is cooking, combine sugar, mustard, and water in a small saucepan. Stir until combined and then simmer to thicken. Slather all over the roast and return roast to the oven for final 30 minutes of cooking. Once ham is to temp, remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

No comments: