Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa

I thought of my dad the entire time I was cooking this meal. He used to love making fun of Bobby Flay and his need to make mango chutney with every meal. I always thought it sounded delicious. I was right. This is the first time I've taken a stab at making a mango salsa myself though. I served this with a side of peas, which probably isn't the best choice of sides, but yo! I love peas!

Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa
1 package chicken
salt and pepper
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin
1 mango, cubed
1/3 English cucumber, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1/2 jalapeno, diced
juice of one lime
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/3 cup plain yogurt
Over medium high heat, heat a grill pan. Generously season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin and grill. In a bowl, mix mango, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, lime juice, and one large handful of chopped cilantro. (I would suggest making this in advance and letting it come together in the fridge for a while.) In a small blender, mix together the yogurt and remaining cilantro. It will get pretty thin. Serve chicken topped with a generous amount of mango salsa and a spoonful of cilantro yogurt drizzled on top.

No comments: