Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Grilled Eggplant Parmesan

I got two lovely eggplants from the CSA this weekend. Since I was being assisted by a two year old, I thought a traditional parmesan preparation would be a little too much to manage, so I opted to grill the eggplant instead. I was going to make this on the grill outside, but the dark clouds hovering over my house made me retreat inside to the stovetop grill instead. 


Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
Two medium eggplants, peeled and sliced in 1/2" slices
1/2 batch or jar tomato sauce
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
olive oil
salt and pepper
Generously salt eggplant slices and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Dab eggplant dry with a paper towel. Wipe grill grates with olive oil. Grill eggplant on both sides. Place a layer of eggplant in a medium casserole dish. Top with tomato sauce and provolone. Layer remaining eggplant, sauce, and cheese. Use parmesan cheese on top layer. Cook in 425 degree oven until cheese is lightly browned.

No comments: