Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pork Chops with Pan Sauce

When I was little, I would only eat pork chops with ketchup, which is probably why I hardly ever consider cooking them. But since both the husband and the kiddo love pork, I've been trying to make it more often. In an attempt to make it more than just pork chops, I made a little pan sauce to go with it. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough liquids, but it was still quite tasty. 


Pork Chops with Lemon Butter Pan Sauce
1 tblsp clarified butter
2 bone in pork chops
juice of one lemon (really should have been 
1/4 onion, sliced thin
1 tblsp capers
1 1/2 tblsp butter
Melt clarified butter over medium high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and place them in the pan. Cook for 4 minutes. Flip chops and cook for 3-4 minutes more. I cooked mine to an internal temp of 150, but I think you can cook to 140 if you're not pregnant (you should look it up instead of taking my word for it). Remove chops from pan and cover. Deglaze pan with lemon juice. Add onion and cook until lightly browned. Add capers. Remove from heat and immediately add butter and stir to combine. Top chops with sauce and serve.

No comments: